Monday 1 April 2013

"Fun Ways I Stayed Healthy During Pregnancy"

Recently I got an email from a fellow mummy blogger Katie Moore informing me about her blog, which I checked out straight away. Her blog entries are mostly about motherhood, fitness, health and other pregnancy related topics too which were perfect since I am currently pregnant at the moment and I love all things fitness and health related as I was a bit of a health and fitness freak before I even became pregnant!

She sent me an article that she wrote which is titled "Fun Ways I Stayed Healthy During Pregnancy" and I loved it! As a young, soon to be mum, I am finding pregnancy weird and wonderful at the same time experiencing all these new feelings and sensations I did not even know existed! As a health and fitness freak, I did try to be as active and healthy as I can, but I have let myself go a little bit sometimes and just eat whatever I want! But one of the things I've learnt is that you have to try your best to be healthy while your pregnant because in the long run, it will benefit both you and your baby and will avoid any complications in your pregnancy and labour. Anyways, check out Katie Moore's fun ways of how to stay healthy when you're pregnant!

Fun Ways I Stayed Healthy During My Pregnancy


Expecting a new baby is usually exciting and can be stressful at the same time. As a mother-to-be, I was concerned about doing everything I could to stay healthy.  I spoke to my doctor about every pregnancy topic I could think of, like asprenatal vitamins, cord blood banking, swaddling and more!   As I went through my pregnancy I found ways to stay healthy and still have a little fun with it.  Read on for some of my suggestions of how you can do the same!   


Wash Your Hands Often
Regular hand washing is a proven method for fighting germs and illness. I spiced up this regular chore by choosing fun, scented soaps to de-stress and give my hands a yummy scent. My personal favorite scent is cinnamon, but I also tried jasmine, peppermint, and chamomile.

Replace Coffee with Tea

Most doctors recommended cutting down on my caffeine intake during pregnancy, but I did not have to get rid of it entirely. Teas have much less caffeine than most coffee blends, and come in many delicious flavors. Some teas even have added special antioxidants for an extra boost. 

Stay Hydrated

I used to associate staying hydrated with consuming cup after cup of water until my doctor told me that people do not realize eating foods with high water content can be just as good as drinking water directly. I frequently ate foods such as cabbage, watermelon, and grapefruit to stay hydrated without constantly lugging around a water bottle. 

Eat Healthy

By experimenting with new recipes, I encouraged myself to eat well while preventing meals from becoming boring or flavorless. Trying new recipes was also excellent for rethinking foods that usually did not appeal to me. Prior to becoming pregnant, I hated eating vegetables, but I found a great recipe for a vegetable casserole with cheese that I enjoy often!


Exercise and Stay Moving
Besides being a mood booster, I really enjoyed exercising. I loved my low-intensity dance class, walking though the park with my dog, or jumping in the pool for a swim to get in my daily exercise. 

I rested often- I hated bedtime as a kid, but I indulged during my pregnancy. I often read a book or magazine before bed, treated myself to a cup of herbal tea or warm milk, and lightly sprayed a lavender linen spray on my sheets to promote peaceful sleep. 

Staying healthy during pregnancy can be easy and fun. By looking for ways to switch up routines or to make otherwise boring things more interesting, I changed my whole outlook on taking good care of myself- and my baby!


Katie Moore has written and submitted this article. Katie is an active blogger who discusses the topics of, motherhood, children, fitness, health and all other things Mommy. She enjoys writing, blogging, and meeting new people! To connect with Katie contact her via her blog, Moore From Katie or her twitter, @moorekm26

I can definitely recommend all these great tips when you're pregnant! All these are important and are just some of the things you can do to make pregnancy an easier and a more enjoyable experience. It's important to take care of yourself during this wonderful time. But just remember that before you try anything different especially when it comes to exercising, make sure to consult your doctor or midwife first. We're all different and so will our experiences :) 

This was me after doing prenatal Pilates! I did pilates before I  was pregnant and prenatal pilates is just as amazing! Definitely helps you with backpain and keeps you in shape :) 

Have a good week everyone! Stay safe :) 

-andreadxo

7 comments:

  1. Nice post :)
    I definitely follow you...would you like to follow each other?

    http://nancymaterialgirl.blogspot.it/

    xoxo Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great with staying fit.

    I would also like to invite you over to check out my blog and enter my giveaway for 6 NYX Lippies.

    http://splashkouture.blogspot.com

    ♥ Crystal Michelle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, so I'm a New follower on GFC =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS on your baby, Andrea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a pretty pregnant woman. This is a great tips. I'll bear this on my mind when time comes for me to have a baby. :)) Hope you can visit my blog too and perhaps we can follow each other? Thanks! Keep in touch dear.

    http://kissandglitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing ood and helpful article with us. I really have enjoyed all of this very cool information.
    Stay healthy during pregnancy

    ReplyDelete